ROAD REPORT - Friday 21 January 2022 - 1000 hrs
TRAVEL THROUGH NGAANYATJARRA LANDS NOT PERMITTED WITHOUT APPROVED ACCESS PERMIT
Contact Ngaanyatjarra Council Aboriginal Corporation for PERMIT STATUS
If you require further clarification please contact Ngaanyatjarra Council Office on 08 8950 1711
THE NEXT UPDATE WILL BE WHEN FURTHER INFORMATION BECOMES AVAILABLE.
DON'T FORGET TO VIST THE WARTA SHOP AND THE TJULYURU REGIONAL GALLERY IN THE SHIRE COMPLEX WHILST IN WARBURTON OR THE WARAKURNA ART GALLERY IN WARAKURNA GILES!
Changing weather conditions & traffic volumes can adversely affect road surfaces, please drive carefully at all times.
Please note that all major roads within the Shire are a combination of formed dirt & gravel.
Visitors to the region must obtain a permit prior to travel in the area.
For Main Roads WA, South Australia & NT Road reports click here for Links.
For specific roads please refer to the current information below or contact us.
LES MORGAN - DIRECTOR INFRASTRUCTURE
|GREAT CENTRAL ROAD|
|Laverton – Tjukayirla R/House - Shire of Laverton Boundary||Please contact the Shire of Laverton on 9031 1202 for current conditions
|Great Central Road - Laverton Shire Border into Warburton||OPEN TO ALL TRAFFIC|
|Great Central Road - Warburton to Warakurna||OPEN TO ALL TRAFFIC|
|Great Central Road - Warakurna to NT Border||CLOSED TO ALL TRAFFIC|
|NT Border to Yulara||CONTACT NT ROADS ON 1800 246 199|
|Mantamaru Road (Great Central Road to Jameson)||OPEN TO ALL TRAFFIC
Irrunytju Road (Great Central Road to Papulankutja intersection)
Irrunytju Road (Papulankutja intersection to SA Border)
OPEN TO 4WD ONLYOPEN TO ALL TRAFFIC
|PAPULANKUTJA ROAD (WARBURTON TO IRRUNYTJU ROAD)|
|Warburton – Jameson||OPEN TO ALL TRAFFIC|
|Jameson – Blackstone||OPEN TO ALL TRAFFIC|
|Blackstone – Irrunytju intersection||OPEN TOALL TRAFFIC|
|COMMUNITY ACCESS ROADS|
|Kanpa Road||OPEN TO ALL TRAFFIC|
|Tjirrkarli Road||OPEN TO ALL TRAFFIC|
|Patjarr Road||OPEN TO ALL TRAFFIC|
|Wanarn Road||OPEN TO ALL TRAFFIC|
|Tjukurla Road||CLOSED TO ALL TRAFFIC|
|Wingellina Road||OPEN TO ALL TRAFFIC|
Distances between Communities (km)
1. These distances are provided as a guide only, please confirm distances yourself before travelling.
2. The above distances are approximates only, the Great Central Road (Outback Highway) and other community roads are subject to road realignments which may vary the distances.
* Helpful Travel Tips For Gravel Roads
- Look well ahead on the road for possible trouble spots, eg water can pool on the road after heavy rain in some locations, but generally is well drained.
- Watch for rising dust in the distance as this generally indicates other vehicle using the road too.
- Drive to the conditions at the time.
- Enjoy your surrounds and do not speed, slow down on bends and crests.
- Corrugations can cause a vehicle to slide.
- Stay off the edge of the road as they often soft and will drag your vehicle off the road.
- When a section of road is covered by water it is generally safest to pass through the centre of the road as it generally the hardest section of the road and you are less likely to get your vehicle bogged.