A copy of the Shires' LEMA and LEWP is available by clicking the link below:
These Arrangements cover the geographic area of the Shire of Ngaanyatjarraku.
The aim of the Shire of Ngaanyatjarraku, Local Emergency Management Arrangements and Local Emergency Welfare Plans are to provide working document sto address any perceived Emergency arising within the Shire.
The purpose of these emergency management arrangements is to set out:
- the local government’s policies for emergency management;
- the roles and responsibilities of public authorities and other persons involved in emergency management in the local government district;
- provisions about the coordination of emergency operations and activities relating to emergency management performed by the persons mentioned in paragraph b);
- a description of emergencies that are likely to occur in the local government district;
- strategies and priorities for emergency management in the local government district;
- other matters about emergency management in the local government district prescribed by the regulations; and
- other matters about emergency management in the local government district the local government considers appropriate. (s.41(2) of the Act).
These arrangements are to ensure the community is prepared to deal with the identified emergencies should they arise. It is not the intent of this document to detail the procedures for HMAs in dealing with an emergency. These should be detailed in the HMAs’ individual plans.
- This document applies to the local government district of the Shire of Ngaanyatjarraku;
- This document covers areas where the Shire of Ngaanyatjarraku provides support to HMAs in the event of an incident;
- This document details the Shire of Ngaanyatjarraku’s capacity to provide resources in support of an emergency, while still maintaining business continuity; and the Shire’s responsibilities in relation to recovery management.
These arrangements are to serve as a guide to be used at the local level. Incidents may arise that require action or assistance from district, state or federal level.
The Local Emergency Welfare Plan is to be read in conjunction with the State Emergency Welfare Plan, both prepared by the Department of Communities (Communities).
The State and Local Emergency Welfare Plans are support plans which document the strategic management and coordination of welfare services in emergencies, as part of the Western Australian State Emergency Management (EM) Arrangements. The scope of this local plan includes:
- Communities’ responsibilities for the planning, response and recovery stages for the management and coordination of welfare services, including resources, within the identified geographical boundaries;
- agreed responsibilities of emergency management partnering agencies, coordinated by Communities to provide welfare services during emergencies.